New year, new healthy you! Is eating clean your new year's resolution for 2017? Start working towards that now. The sooner you act on this goal, the better results you'll achieve. Here are a few simple and effective ways to improve the new you.
1. You are what you eat. Accomplish your healthy new year's resolution by cutting off all the junk in your diet. Replace those unhealthy cravings with carrots and celery - your body will thank you in no time! Salmon, almonds, spinach and broccoli are one of the few healthy and brain-boosting foods you can introduce to your diet.
2. Drink less coffee. We know that projects and deadlines are right around the corner, but grabbing that 4th cup of coffee will just set you up for a crash. The key diet that will provide lasting energy is one that's rich in protein, fiber, and complex carbohydrates.
3. Balance. Was 2016 a stressful year for you? All of that tension turns into knots in your muscles. Get rid of them by practicing some yoga - this will relax both your mind and body. Perhaps a successful head stand can be your resolution for the next year!
4. Start meditating! There's no need to add further stress to your mind and body this year. Control your breathing and clear your head. Even 10-15 minutes of meditation at the workplace will do!
5. Last but not least, sleep. Too many of us don't get enough rest and that lack of sleep disrupts your brain and body more than you would know. It is important to get the right amount of rejuvenation. Time for that siesta! Side note: no matter how wrinkle-free your Tahaanga dress shirt may be, we don't recommend sleeping in it though!